Wild Horse of Opal Swirls tagged me for the Epic Reads Tag! Without further ado ...
1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?
I would invite GRRM and Sansa Stark, at which point I will extort the next two books out of the former and give all my love to the latter. I will serve lemon cakes to Sansa and my tears to GRRM.
2. What book do you wish the author would write the prequel for?
Hmm ... probably a Harry Potter Marauders era prequel.
3. Which two characters (NOT from the same book) do you think would make a good couple?
Tsukiko from The Night Circus and Legolas from LOTR. For some reason, I feel like Tsukiko has an almost supernatural grace, and Legolas might complement that well. (I would have chosen Galadriel instead, but she's married to Celeborn. So.)
4. If you ran into your favorite author on the subway and only could say one sentence to them who is it and what would it be?
But ... that means I have to decide on a favourite author. I can't. I can't. But it would be something along the lines of "please sign my copy of your book", because I am not particularly creative. However, if that author is particular brutal to my fav characters, I may start punching.
5. What book made you a reader and why?
I ... don't know. I have been reading since I was a wailing toddler, okay?
6. Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught fire! What is the one book you would save?
THIS QUESTION IS EVIL. I would save my copy of Nothing to Envy. I don't know why, it just pops up at me and it's one of the only nonfiction books I've read.
7. Which dystopian world would you want to live in and why?
Look, no one actually wants to live in a dystopia. However, if you make me ... I'd drop by Westeros. And then maybe hightail it to Yi Ti, i.e. as far as possible from the ice zombies.
8. What is your most Epic Read of all time?
A Song of Ice and Fire. It's epic in scale in terms of worldbuilding, characters, and plot. It's the series that really turned me into a writer. It's the series where I have stuck post-its for every fav scene and A Clash of Kings looks like an accordion now.
It's totally okay if you don't feel up to doing the tag, but if you do, have lots of fun!
Which of these Epic Reads are you also a fan of? Any Epic Reads you think I've missed out? Drop a note in the comments!