POST FROM THE DEVIL ORDERS TAKEOUT

INTJ: Are You a Mastermind?

For those who are trying to pronounce "intj" right now, this is actually one of the Myers-Briggs personalities, which classifies people into one of sixteen personality types according to four different factors:
  • Favorite world: Do you prefer to focus on the outer world or on your own inner world? This is called Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I).
  • Information: Do you prefer to focus on the basic information you take in or do you prefer to interpret and add meaning? This is called Sensing (S) or Intuition (N).
  • Decisions: When making decisions, do you prefer to first look at logic and consistency or first look at the people and special circumstances? This is called Thinking (T) or Feeling (F).
  • Structure: In dealing with the outside world, do you prefer to get things decided or do you prefer to stay open to new information and options? This is called Judging (J) or Perceiving (P).
These are from the Myers-Briggs site itself, or rather I copied them from Christina's INFJ post, which inspired this post. I'm an INTJ (obviously), and apparently we're called "Masterminds", which is just fine by me. Mwahaha. We're pretty rare, about 1-2% of the world, which is good or there would be too few thrones and too many plots.

Here are some examples of INTJ from TV shows and books, all taken from TV Tropes. No link because I'm not that evil.

Havelock Vetinari from Discworld


I think he's a bad guy. That's okay then.


Also, he's played by Charles Dance.

Amy Elliott Dunne from Gone Girl


Oh, yes. Yes. She's delightfully manipulative and amoral. If you haven't read the book, you need to. If you have, admit it; you rooted for her to win.

Smaug from The Hobbit


I'd like to think I'm smarter than a dragon, but dragon sounds cool anyways. Fine by me.

Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games


Maybe? I don't have a sibling, but I don't think I'd risk death to save him/her. I also would have let Peeta die. Yeaaaaah.


O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bill


YES. I mean, look at her. She is SO BADASS. I have a few issues with her portrayal, but you have to admit, she is awesome.

Also, played by Lucy Liu. Argument over.


Tywin Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire & Game of Thrones

That quote is awesome. I'm not that evil, I'd like to think, but one can always admire. Also, played by Charles Dance again.

Loki from Marvel Cinematic Universe


Oho. The crowning one. Here, have a gif and a still:


Take that, Odin!
Any other INTJs out there? Do you find me similar to the above examples? What's your MBTI personality type? Let us know in the comments!

To spread on the INTJ evil love, share this post on Twitter! It's an important step to my ultimate world domination plan. *nods*
P.S.: In interest of academic honesty and true INTJ evil, the examples are all from TV Tropes. Images click through to their sources.

    

16 comments:

  1. This is really cool, and I like it! It's odd, though, because I kind of feel like I know a million INTJs. There are two in my family, then I had a cousin who was an INTJ, my old pastor, and then there are SO MANY PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET WHO ARE INTJs. Like, do extroverts not use Tumblr, I guess? I'm super confused.

    Also I am in love with Loki so I approve of that being there.

    Anyway, I am actually an ISTJ. Different. Much different. But it works. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true! Maybe it's because we tend to clump together on the Internet in the same circles? I feel like we'd have the same favourite books and movies and fandoms and so on.

      Loki is always the answer to everything. Except for Natasha.

      Cool! It's interesting how you can only change one attribute and it looks so similar, but actually there's quite a wide gap :)

      Delete
  2. I am an INTJ as well. I think we are all on the internet xD

    I am also working toward world domination, as I suspect all INTJ's are. What happens when we all hold part of the world? Do we start fighting among ourselves to become the the ultimate dictator? Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. The internet is an excellent place for fermenting evil plans.

      I do think it would be like The Hunger Games when only the Careers are left. FIRE AND BLOOD.

      Delete
  3. Ahaha, it's weird that a lot of villains from movies are INTJ. But not all of them, which is good. I am ISTJ, and the description for ISTJ's fits me perfectly. It's almost creepy how well it fits me. Also, I think this is a really good tool for creating characters for stories, and I think I might try creating a story with a character that is ISTJ and a character that is the exact opposite, ENFP. That would be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not called Masterminds lightly, it would seem. But of course villains must have variety.

      I know, right? The MBTI profiles are so dang accurate. I've never tried creating characters based on them, but having two exact opposite would be quite interesting, whether as allies or as enemies. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Can I just say: the fact that you are Loki + Smaug is kind of the coolest thing I have heard all day. Mastermind indeed. ;)

    INFJ here, and it's actually so accurate, especially when I compare myself to you. We're quite similar - timezones and all! - except for the whole thinking/feeling aspect of it. *high-fives you*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you :) Yeah, since my main passion other than writing is science and yours is everything under the generous umbrella of art, it does make sense that you're an INFJ. I wonder if timezones have an impact on what sort of person you are; I mean, do New Zealanders base any part of their identity on the fact that they're the earliest in the world? Some food for thought. *high-fives back*

      Delete
  5. I did this a while ago! And found out my villainous alter-egos in literature/tv too. XD IT WAS SO FUN.

    I am also INTJ.

    I agree with you, there are not enough thrones for us all. *plots evilly because there can ONLY BE ONE QUEEN OF THE WORLD*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? *scuttles off* INTENSELY NICE TERRIFIC JABBERWOCKIES FTW. I notice that we barely overlapped in our choice of literary villains; our only common one was Smaug. Too many villains.

      Oh, dear. *evil counter-plots* I know! I'll take Empress. I'm Chinese, after all. ;P

      Delete
  6. I'm an INFJ. Damn it, you get Loki and Katniss!! Grrrr (e_e) That personality test was pretty fun, but accurate? I have no idea. c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwahaha. ;P I've heard some people say that MBTI isn't super accurate, but it's always nice to be able to identify yourself somewhat. And fun is the most important thing :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. I have not taken this personality test, but. BUT. I do not think I would be INTJ if I did. I'm so not a mastermind, haha! I think it's cool that you can take your results and be matched to fictional characters who share some of the same traits, though--that's fun. :) Actually, that's one of the things that would make me most interested in taking the test--so I could see what fictional characters were said to be the same personality type! I'm forever fangirling, I suppose. xD

    Regarding your list, I have to admit I don't know most of these characters--or if I do know them, I haven't actually watched whatever it is they're from (e.g. Loki). I DO know Smaug and Katniss, though, so that's fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that is pretty cool! I was so excited to see so many of these, especially Loki. You should really check out some of these - they all have film/TV versions, but I think that Kill Bill and Loki are the only ones that weren't originally books. And the books are great!

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  8. Ooh yes I loved doing the myer-briggs test! It's actually so accurate though. Well for me anyways. I'm INFJ, so close, but not that close. INTROVERTS FOR THE WIN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. *high-fives then returns to corner with book* A lot of my Internet friends are either INFJ or INTJ, so we can team up and destroy the world. Oh wait, you guys aren't into that. *goes off to conquer world alone* XD

      Delete

IMPORTANT: Please use Name/URL instead of Wordpress/OpenID to comment, otherwise Blogger hobbits will eat your words. So sorry about this. Thanks!

I respond to all comments and would love to check out your blog if you leave a link :D Unless it's spam. Then I'll delete the comment and put you on the takeout blacklist, what a shame!