That said, I hate The Phantom Menace with the fury of a thousand Sith Lords. The below lists were made by myself and a few other Star Wars fans during a particularly boring day.
WHY THE PHANTOM MENACE SUCKED
- Jar Jar Binks.
- By extension, all the Gungans.
- The underwater city and failed physics.
- The bizarre political system of Naboo.
- The sucky names.
- The podrace.
- Anakin is Speshul and Chosen One and lalala.
- Qui-Gon comms Obi-Wan at any time and Obi-Wan responds in <1 second.
- Obi-Wan's hairstyle.
- How Anakin won the space battle.
- Darth Maul's failure to knock Obi-Wan off the ledge.
- Obi-Wan getting blocked by the laser screen.
- The battle droids.
- The Gungan/droid battle.
- Shmi's willingness to give her son away. I mean, I bet she would've agreed if Palpatine beat Qui-Gon to it and told a few lies.
- The pointlessness of everything happening on Tatooine, all solved if Anakin had been at the Temple all along.
- No foreshadowing for the Separatists. Dooku wasn't even mentioned.
- The general idiocy of the Jedi Council members.
- The horrible Yoda.
- Anakin's whining.
- JAR JAR BINKS.
WHY THE PHANTOM MENACE WAS OKAY
- The music.
- The duel.
I'm not the only one sensing the disproportionateness, am I?